This seminar is an introduction For General and Implant Dentists.
Date: Thursday, September 18, 2014 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Bruxing is a sleep-related problem — one that we need to manage better as dentists. Traditional night guards and LVI splints have left out the airway. This 2-hour seminar is an introduction to airway obstruction by the tongue as the “6 foot
tiger in a 3 foot cage.”
Tooth wear and implant problems are collateral damages. Teeth grinding is now sleep bruxing, which is associated with these signs and symptoms:
- Snoring, Sleep Apnea, Fatigue, Jaw Clenching
- Fatigue, moodiness, weight gains, brain fog
- Malocclusion in its many forms
- Pain in Head-Neck-Shoulders-Back
- Abfractions, Sensitivity Teeth, Symptomatic Endo-teeth
- Heart Disease, depression, stroke, Alzheimer’s, and more
You can restore energy, reverse pain, save teeth and implants, save implants-restorative troubles and even your bruxerpatient’s lives — simply by treating bruxing at its roots: airway and malocclusion. This seminar is an introduction to:
- Sleep Medicine basics and practice parameters for dentists
- Signs and symptoms of Sleep-Disordered Breathing (SDB)
- Bruxing as a SDB sign: Evidence & Outcome
- Malocclusion as SDB co-factor: evidence and outcome
- Dentist’s role in airway management and SDB treatment
The doctor’s job is the put the body in a position to heal itself. Improving the oral airway works wonders for patients. Come and see what’s outside the dental box.
Registration by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Place: 7115 Leesburg Pike, Ste 310, Falls Church, VA 22043
About Dr. Liao:
Felix Liao, DDS, MAGD, ABGD, is a general dentist and Certified Biological Dentist in
the International Academy of Biological Dentistry & Medicine. Dr. Liao teaches Whole
Health Dental Seminars for Oral-Systemic Wellness in the US and internationally.